Do you want to add music to your Instagram story? Okky, I’m gonna show you guys, how to add music to Instagram stories. Before needing the Instagram update account. There was a very simple way to add any music you wanted to your Instagram stories.
There’s actually a dedicated menu before the update right underneath right here but not anymore they took it away so in order to add music now you have to do some extra steps but none of the less. Most of the Instagram users also take advantage of the Stories feature, which allows you to post 10-15-second snippets of videos, photos or animation and add in fun things like emoji’s, gifs and even music.
In today’s post I’m going to show you guys three simple methods to add any music you want to your Instagram stories.
How to Add Music to Instagram Stories?
The quick process of adding a music sticker to your Instagram Story is directe:
- Tap to open the Instagram app.
- Click your Story feature icon (Like as your profile picture) at the top-left of your home screen.
- Upload your Story by select the photo or video you want to post to your Instagram Story.
- Click the sticker button at the top of the screen or swipe up.
- Press the Music button.
- Type the song you want to use in the search bar or browse your mood, genre preferences, or what’s popular today.
- Click the song to add it to your Story.
- Next, tap to Done at the top-right corner of the page.
- Move your sticker to the placement you want on your Stories.
- Click the “Your Story” button at the bottom-left of the screen.
If you are more of a Spotify user, you will be happy to hear that sharing a song from this platform is just as easy. Here’s how to do it:
- Tap to Open the Spotify app.
- Select to the song you wish to share.
- Tap the three horizontal dots at the top-right of the home screen.
- Scroll down and select Share.
- Tap to Select Instagram Stories.
- Click the “Your Story” button at the bottom-left of the screen.By following these instructions, you will be sharing the song you have chosen in your stories. Again, it’s important to note that the song won’t play directly in your stories, but if a user taps on that story, they’ll redirect them to the song on Spotify.
How to put music on Instagram story from Apple Music
Do you like using Apple Music to get started? Well, there is an easy way to share the song you’re playing on with your followers through Instagram Stories.
- Tap to Open Apple Music.
- Select to the song you wish to share.
- Click the three horizontal dots at the center-right of the screen.
- Select Share.
- Swipe your finger over the apps until you find Instagram (if you don’t see it, tap More).
- Allow Instagram to open automatically.
- Tap on Your Story button at the bottom-left of the screen.
It’s important to note that the song won’t play directly in your stories, but if a user taps on that story, they’ll bring it to Apple Music, where they can play it.
# How to add music to Instagram without stickers
If you don’t want to use music stickers, you’re in luck; there are several other ways to add your favorite songs to your Instagram stories.
# How to Add Lyrics to Your Instagram Story
You may have noticed that friends are posting Instagram stories with music and lyrics. The ability to add texts to your Instagram stories is a new feature of Instagram Story music sticker.
You add a song next time with the Instagram Story Music sticker, tap the displayed icon set. If lyrics are available for your chosen song, you can enable them here or choose to display the album cover instead of the lyrics.
How to Play Music on an Instagram Story
Now that you have the instructions on how to add music to an Instagram Story, we thought we’d share a quick guide to listening to music or sound on an Instagram Story you’re watching.
Whenever you look at an Instagram story, it will be turned off by default. To listen with sound, you can do one of the following two things:
- Press on the video while it’s playing.
- Tap the volume buttons on your phone. Once the noise is on, you can also use the volume keys to adjust.
FAQs for adding music to Instagram story
Q1: How to fix music not available on Instagram?
Answer: Like Spotify, Instagram Music is licensed by record companies and can only be released in those regions. To bypass this geo-restriction and access Instagram music, we need a good VPN app. Well, there are some extra steps as well, so just enable the VPN. Works on Android and iOS devices.
Q2:Where is the Instagram music sticker?
Answer: First of all, download the latest version of the Instagram app on iOS or Android. Then open the Instagram Stories camera and take or upload a photo or video. When done, tap the sticker button at the top of the screen and choose the music sticker.
Q3: Why is the Instagram music sticker gone?
Answer: The reason the music sticker is missing is because your account is a business. To view the music sticker, you need to switch to a personal account. Otherwise, you will not have access to the music sticker as it cannot be used for commercial purposes.
Q4: Why can’t I add music to my Instagram story?
Answer: There are several reasons why you might not be able to add music to your Instagram story and they include: Music is enabled on the app in over 90 countries, but due to strict Instagram compliance under copyright law, it is disabled in some of the countries. Your app is out of date. Instagram may need to be updated.
So, I hope this guide will help you take your stories to the next level. And if you want to make a video story with your favorite track, check out the music video editors that help you do that. I would really appreciate if you can comment below and with that being said. I will catch you in the next post.