Every Internet Business will need traffic in order to survive. If people do not know the existence of your website, you cannot expect to sell any product/service to them. Therefore, you need to advertise your website using various methods in order to bring in more traffic.
There are a few ways to advertise your Internet Business. I will talk about paid advertising first. On the Internet, you will remember seeing ads that are displayed on some websites. Those are banners ads. You can pay a company who offers advertising services and have your ads be placed on the Internet. The ads will advertise your product/service that you are offering. Once people click on the ads, they will be brought to your website. Or you can buy keywords to list ads, where each ad will cost from a few cents to a few dollars, e.g. is Google Adwords. Usually buying of keywords to list ads will bring targeted traffic to your site. For example, if someone searches a term “Golf” and you have bought the keyword ad from Google, your keyword ad may stand a chance to appear on the search results listing. For more information, check out www.google.com/ads/
You can also advertise using traditional advertising channels such as placing your website URL on flyers, brochures, business cards, books, TV ads, etc.
Now I will touch on free advertising. Using free advertising channels may take more time to deliver the desired results but they can definitely help you save a good tons of money if you do it correctly. Some of the channels are as followed:
- Classified site, where you can post free classified ads on the website to promote your Internet Business.
- Forums, post actively on forums that are related to your products/services that you are offering, and place your website URL in your signature.
- Cross linking between sites, by placing your website URL on other sites. In return, you will need to place their urls on your own website.
- Submit articles to article submission sites. This will boost your credibility as an established writer. It can increase traffic to you site as readers will click on your website URL in your articles.
- Give away freebies such as e-books, and include your website URL in the freebies.
- Word of Mouth, by physically promoting your Internet Business between people. This will automatically happen if people think that your Internet Business provides values for them.
I have shared with you some of the advertising channels that you can use. Try them out yourself and see which channels suit best for your Internet Business.