Right now, Instagram is one of the most popular and victorious social media platforms in the world. Here is stunning visuals and increasingly effective features.
At times all that incessant scrolling can be too much more of a mortification or just undesirable anymore. Always you can delete your Instagram account any times.
If you want to permanently delete or for a few days, this article will instruct you everything you need to know about permanently delete Instagram account before deactivating your account.
If you want to permanently delete your account or if you want to take a break from the social media or internet, you can do it by temporarily deactivating your Instagram account.
You will need to login Instagram account from a computer or mobile for both purposes. You can delete your account from browser or apps but can not temporarily disable your account from the Instagram app. You can disable your Instagram account any internet browser.
How to Download Your Instagram Data?
You can easily save your data. If you delete your Instagram account then you can not be recovered data. Therefore, you may want to download data before you delete your account. Now, you still have all the photos, videos, etc. posted over time.
To download a copy from your Instagram data:
- Go to your Instagram profile and click on ‘Settings‘.
- Select the ‘Privacy & Security’ tab and click ‘Request Download’.
- Type the email address where you would like to receive your Instagram data, followed by password.
- Within 48 hours you get receive an email with a link to your data, titled will be ‘Your Instagram Data’. Click ‘Download Data’.
Before Delete Your Instagram Account, You Should Know:
When your Instagram account is deleted then your all history is permanently removed. That means all of your images, Story archives, videos, comments, messages, likes and followers will be permanently removed. You cannot get them once again. It will be as if your account not existed in internet.
- Your account, profile, photos, videos, Story archives, comments, likes, and followers will be permanently removed.
- You can not sign up again with the same username or add that username to another account.
- Deleted accounts can not be reactivated.
How to delete Instagram account?
When your account is deleted, you can sign up freshly with the same username to new account as long as it hasn’t been taken by a another person on Instagram account. In order to do that if your account is removed for violating Community Guidelines, you may not be able to create account again with the previous username.
For security reasons, Instagram can not delete an account for you. You’ll need to be able to sign in into your account to request deletion.
How to request delete Instagram account permanently?
Before permanently deleting your account, you may want to sign in and download a copy of your information (like your photos, videos, posts etc.) from Instagram account. When your account is deleted, you will not have entry to Instagram’s all Data Download tool.
- Log in into Instagram on the instagram.com from a computer or mobile browser. You can’t delete your account from Instagram App.
- Go to the Delete Your Account page.
- Select an option from the dropdown menu next to Why are you deleting your Instagram account? and re-enter your password. The option to permanently delete your Instagram account will only appear after you’ve selected a cause from the menu.
- Click “Permanently delete my account“.
If you’d like to delete a another account:
- Tap the username in the top-right of the Delete Your Account page.
- Click next to Edit Profile and select Log Out.
- Log again in as the account you want to delete permanently and follow the directions above.
Next 30 days of your account deletion request, all your information and account will be permanently deleted, and you won not be able to recover your information. It can take up to 90 days to end the deletion process after it begins.
Before Deactivate Your Instagram Account, You Should Know:
Deactivating your account is much several than destroying it. If you want to deactivate an Instagram account, you are temporarily disabling it only. All your photos, videos, comments, likes, posts and also your profile will be secretly hidden from your followers and public, but they are not gone forever Deactivating. Your Instagram account will stay hidden until you fix to reactivate it.
- Instagram profile, photos, comments and likes will be hidden.
- Your Instagram account can reactivate by logging back in.
How to Deactivate Your Instagram Account?
If you want to temporarily disable or deactivate your Instagram account, your profile, photos, videos, comments, posted and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it by logging back in. You can deactivate your Instagram account from a computer or mobile browser only.
How to temporarily deactivate your account:
- Log into instagram.com from a computer or mobile browser. You can’t temporarily deactivate your account from within the Instagram app.
- Tap your profile picture in the top right & click Profile, then click Edit Profile.
- Scroll down, then select Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and re-enter your password. The option to deactivate your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu and entered your password.
- Click on “Temporarily Disable Account”.
For how long can you deactivate your Instagram account?
You can keep your Instagram account temporarily deactivate for as long as you like. You can again activate it at any time by sign in back. Anyway, there is no limitation.
Instagram account now only allows you to deactivate your account once every week. So if you deactivate it, sign in back on, and then decide you want to deactivate it again, you will have to wait one week to make so.
Do you lose followers when you deactivate your Instagram account?
No, Since Instagram account stores all of your account data when you temporarily deactivate your account, it will be restored when you deleted it.
Also, your Instagram account will hidden everywhere on the platform when you deactivate it — including another accounts’ lists of followers. In other words, people can not able to follow you when hidden your account, but won’t be able to find your account.
1 thought on “How to Delete or Deactivate Your Instagram Account”